Public Speaking, Community Workshops & Special Projects
I have been a guest speaker, workshop leader, and panelist at schools, museums, art galleries, conferences, and craft guilds. I am available to speak to groups and book clubs of all ages. Please email me at info (at) leanneprain (dot) com to inquire about my speaking fee and availability.
I enjoy speaking on the following topics:
- subversive craft and thinking creatively with textiles
- storytelling, textiles, and street art
- unusual embroidery
- yarn bombing and knit graffiti
- the process of writing craft books
- how textile artists can craft their own stories about their work
- the publishing process from an author’s perspective
- the role of handmade within the discipline of communication design
- how my books can be used by librarians, community groups, and educators
For speaking engagements, workshops, or consultations, contact me at info (AT) leanneprain (DOT) com to discuss rates.
Online Course – Stitched Stories
(Beta, January – April 2015. Expected Launch: January 2016)
I am revising a online writing course that I developed last year with the help of fifty volunteer participants. Stitched Stories is a written exploration of textiles where users receive 12 weeks of lessons designed to make them write about textiles and visual art. While I am still revising the course, you can join the course alert mailing list via this link.