Online Course – Stitched Stories (Beta, January – April 2015)
I have recently begun to test out an online writing course with fifty volunteer participants. Stitched Stories is a written exploration of textiles. Users receive 12 weeks of lessons designed to make them thinking about writing and visual art in fresh ways. While the beta-test for this course is underway, you join the course alert mailing list via this link.
Public Speaker and Community Workshops
I have been a guest speaker, workshop leader, and panelist at schools, museums, art galleries, conferences, and craft guilds. I am available to speak to groups and book clubs of all ages. Please email me at info (at) leanneprain (dot) com to inquire about my speaking fee and availability.
I enjoy speaking on the following topics:
- subversive craft
- storytelling and textiles
- unusual embroidery
- yarn bombing and knit graffiti
- the process of writing craft books
- the publishing process from an author’s perspective
- the role of handmade within the discipline of communication design
- how my books can be used by librarians, community groups, and educators
For speaking engagements, workshops, or consultations, contact me at info (AT) leanneprain (DOT) com to discuss rates.